20.5.10

my creative space


my creative space this week has been trying to get some new purse/clutches finished. however while perusing other creative spaces over at kootoyo i found something i'd rather do.
thanks to mon petit poppet for posting about a fabulous project she found on dance for cheese blog. the bayswater spotlight are asking their staff and customers to make a reversible pinafore for the little girls in a kenyan orphanage (dago dala hera) who are without much clothing.
these sort of projects make me cry, warm my heart, make me feel guilty and make me want to jump on board. so i will jump on board and endeavour to make a little girls reversible, any size pinafore from the floral and purple polka dot fabrics you see above by june 2nd. want to join in check out gypsys blog for more info.

5 comments:

  1. You are a star!!! There's a whole lotta hope being spread around blogsville the last few days. Take that you pessimists!!! Yay to a wonderful world :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am glad you left a comment on my blog...I might never have known about this. (My satellite connection is awful and often I can't visit other sites)xxNick

    ReplyDelete
  3. you bring a smile to my face every time I read your blog. Thank you for being you. Luv Jenny

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I'm so with you there, I have a gazillion things to do today but instead I am about to sew together my pini. I've never made a reversible one so I'm making it up as I go along. I love the colours you've chosen. Hope you have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is fantastic!! You are such an inspiration! xoxo :-)

    ReplyDelete